Is Restylane Right For Me
Restylane® is a dermal filler that’s used to restore a fuller, more youthful look to skin. Most patients request Restylane to correct moderate facial lines and wrinkles, or to increase the size of their lips. Restylane is unique, since it is composed of hyaluronic acid, a substance found naturally in the human body.
Another thing that makes Restylane unique is that it is long-lasting. Although results vary by patient, some patients experience results lasting up to 6 months – far longer than other similar fillers!
So, is Restylane the right filler for you? Take a look at the following facts about this treatment and help decide.
Is Restylane Right for Me?
- Restylane does not require any skin or allergy testing prior to the injection. While there is little risk for allergic reaction, patients with allergies should still speak to their dermatologist before undergoing treatment.
- It may not be right for patients with existing skin conditions or infections. This include patients with cysts, rashes, or acne.
- Bruising or bleeding may occur at the injection site. It is quite important to use caution, especially if you have a history of blood disorders.
- This dermal filler may not be safe for patients who are under the age of 21.
- Patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding are not usually considered good candidates for Restylane.
- Those seeking Restylane treatment must be realistic about what the filler can do. Restylane cannot permanently stop signs of aging within the face, and it can only improve a person’s appearance rather than dramatically alter it.
- Following the injection, try to avoid overexposure to the sun, especially if you are experiencing side-effects like swelling or bruising
Restylane® In Baton Rouge
If you would like to learn more about Restylane® or any treatment that Dr. J. Anthony Stephens offers, please contact his Baton Rouge, LA office at 225.754.4983 or reach us via our online form. We look forward to hearing from you.