Dysport® is an effective neuromodulator treatment that offers an alternative to BOTOX® for smoothing out facial lines and wrinkles.
Downtime and Results: What to Expect
The most common side effects of Dysport include mild and temporary swelling, bruising, tenderness, inflammation, headache, and nausea. If you’re worried about any of these, we encourage you to talk to us about them during your consultation.
After a Dysport treatment, you’ll be able to return to most activities. However, for the best results, we encourage you to refrain from the following:
- Applying makeup (for the rest of the day)
- Activities that cause your head to face downward (for the rest of the day)
- Lying down or reclining (for the rest of the day)
- Drinking alcohol (for 24 hours)
- Rubbing or scrubbing your face (for 48 hours)
- Taking blood thinners (for 48 hours)
- Sweating, including hot yoga, hot showers, saunas, hot tubs, baths, etc. (for 48 hours)
- Undergoing any type of tanning or facials (for one week)
- Performing exercise (for one week)